For our dress rehearsal tomorrow night (Monday, May 6): 1) This will be in the band room at the West and will run from 6 to 7:30. Please be ready for a 6 pm downbeat.
2) We will only be rehearsing Timepiece and Solemn Fugue along with various chorales for warm-up so please bring Assorted, More Assorted and Son of Assorted for that.
3) Please bring a music stand for this rehearsal as a large number of our stands have been loaned to the Kiwanis Festival for band classes this week.
4) Percussion-please note that there will be no snare drum, suspended cymbal or crash cymbals at the rehearsal (again because of equipment being lent to the festival). The incomplete chimes and marimba will be at the rehearsal in place of the xylophone and good chimes.
For the Kiwanis performance on Tuesday night (May 7): 1) We perform on the Seton stage at the Seton Academic Centre, Mount Saint Vincent University and I guesstimate that we will be on stage by 7:30 pm. The address is 166 Bedford Highway (see campus map for Seton Academic Centre) www.msvu.ca/en/home/aboutus/safety-security/campusmap.aspx
2) Meet time is 6:45 in the assembly rooms on the 5th floor of the Centre and the elevator and stairwell are to the left as you enter the lobby. The festival has rooms 503 through 507 for this purpose and it will be evident when you arrive which room(s) are assigned to our group.
3) Dress is formal concert black
4) The public is welcome to attend the performance and there is an admission charge of $5 at the door
5) Percussion-the following is a list of supplied equipment for the Seton stage – 3 timpani – bass drum/stand – concert snare drum/stand – xylophone – orchestra bells/stand – tubular bells (chimes) -but no mallets – crash cymbals/stand – suspended cymbal/stand – mark tree/stand (wind chimes)