Hi all, Here are the rehearsal notes for Tuesday January 24th
1) Chorales-More Assorted 2) Warm-up Piece-Sarabande 3) Kirkpatrick’s Muse 4) Nightmare Before Christmas 5) Air (Grieg)-sightreading 6) Rigaudon 7) At the Circus/Girl with Red Hair 8) Gavotte
Our next rehearsal is on Tuesday January 17, beginning at 6:30 pm, in the band room of Halifax West HS. Here’s the line-up for Tuesday:
Chorales-Bride of Assorted Warm-up-Sarabande (Greig) 1) Kirkpatrick’s Muse 2) Gavotte (Greig) 3) Song of Hope 4) Nightmare Before Xmas 5) Rigaudon (Greig)-sightreading 6) At the Circus 7) Girl with Red Hair (if time)
Upcoming performances for the remainder of the 2022-23 HCB season
Sunday, March 5th (2pm) – Irish Concert at St Patrick’s Church Tuesday, March 28th (7 pm) – Shared Concert with Halifax West High School Band at Bella Rose Tuesday, May 2nd (time TBA) – Kiwanis Festival Performance at Seton Auditorium Tuesday, June 6th (7 pm) – Spring Finale Concert at Bella Rose
Happy New Year everyone!
Just a quick reminder of our return to rehearsal on Tuesday, January 10 beginning at 6:30 pm in the Halifax West band room.
Please bring all of your Christmas music to this rehearsal along with your regular folders. We will be working on music from the regular folder along with any new additions that are ready to be handed out.
Also, I want to send a big thank-you out to Perla and Mark for their wonderful collaboration and excellent performance of I’ll be Home for Christmas at our concert on Dec 13th. I missed doing that on my previous message, with apologies.
Thanks and see you all on Tuesday. Dave
Thank you all so much for such a great concert on Tuesday night! I really couldn’t have been happier with the outcome and our performance was the best that we have ever played those pieces! A great big shout-out to our brass quintet for their sets and to Mark and Andrea for their fantastic duet playing! What a fine job you all did to share your music in such an excellent and intimate way!
The reviews are in and I know, from comments I have heard, that our audience members were very impressed indeed, as was I! I wish you all a very happy and healthy holiday season.
I am unable to attend our supper gathering at Jim’s on the 20th but I’ll raise a glass to you all from Newfoundland.
*Our first rehearsal back will be on Tuesday, Jan. 10th at 6:30 at the West.* Please bring your Christmas music to that rehearsal along with your regular folders.
Thanks and be safe. Dave
Just a reminder of our dress rehearsal on Monday evening 6:30 to 8:30 at the West band room. Following a brief warmup and tuning, we will run the entire program order (see below), including the selections from the brass quintet and Mark and Andrea’s duet numbers. If there is any remaining time after the run, we can touch up any sections that need attention. Our van loading will begin at 8:30 following the rehearsal. * * *Concert Program Rehearsal Order* * * 1) Fantasy on the Huron Carol
2) Carol of the Drum
3) Two Duets for Flute and Clarinet
4) Dreams of Christmas arr. John Moss
5) Halifax Concert Band Brass Quintet
6) I’ll Be Home For Christmas
7) On That Night All Was Silent
8) The Holly and the Ivy
9) Minor Alterations
Again, here are the details for the setup and performance at St Agnes on Tuesday.
1) Set-up at St. Agnes (for available volunteers) Dec 13th at 2:30 pm 2) Concert meeting time for all members at 6:15 pm in the church hall. Please enter the venue through the front doors of the church. 3) Warm-up and tuning at 6:50 in the church. Concert begins at 7 pm. Prelude Brass Quintet music at 6:30 3) Everyone please bring a music stand for the concert (except 1st flutes, oboe, 1st clarinets and percussion) 4) Dress is formal black concert dress (appropriate Christmas accessories welcomed) 5) Please encourage family and friends to attend
Thanks everyone. Looking forward to a great show! Dave